Passport applications are accepted Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. We do not schedule appointments; walk-ins only. All applicants must be present.

Passports are valid for 10 years for adults, and 5 years for children under 16.

What to Bring for New Passports:

- Application for a U.S Passport, Form DS-11
Available in our office or online at U.S Passports and International Travel

- Valid Photo ID, i.e. driver license, state identification card, military id
An additional form of identification will be required if this is an out-of-state ID.

- Original, Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate, or Naturalization Certificate
Texas Birth Certificates: Must be the “long-form.” If you have the short abstract form, it must have the letter “I” printed after the file date to be acceptable.
California Birth Certificates: Must be the “long-form” and not the abstract.

- One Xerox copy of the front and back of the above-mentioned birth certificate.

- Passport Photo taken by a professional passport rated camera
Step One, CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Office Depot are a few local businesses that take passport pictures.
Photo must be clear and in focus with a white background; front view, full face, taken in normal street attire. No hats or dark glasses.

- Check or Money Order made payable to the “US Dept of State” for the amount of the passport (see below)

- $35 Cash or Credit for the service fee.

Fees and Current Processing Time:

Passport Books are $110 for adults and $80 for children under 16.
Passport cards are $30 for adults and $15 for children under 16.
(Passport cards are only good for land and sea travel. You will not be allowed to fly with the card.)

Current processing time is 4 to 6 weeks. For expedited service of 3 weeks, there is an additional $60 fee. If you need your passport in less than 3 weeks, you will need to contact a regional office by calling 877-487-2778.


Both parents must be present for minors ages 15 and under, and one parent for children ages 16 and 17. A Statement of Consent form is available if one parent is not able to be present with the child. It must be signed in front of a notary and a copy of the front and back of the parent’s identification card must be attached.


If you are an adult needing to renew your passport, most renewals can be done on your own with the same processing time. The Renewal Application is available online or can be picked up from our office. Simply follow the directions on the form. We cannot accept Renewal Applications; therefore, if you would like for our office to process your application, or if you are not eligible to use the Renewal Application, please follow the instructions for a new passport listed above.

Have you already submitted your application in our office?

If you have already submitted your application with our office, you will need to visit the U.S Passports and International Travel website or call 877-487-2778. Passports are mailed out the day in which they are processed; therefore, we will not have any information regarding the status of your application.